Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Crochet waffle stitch, part 1




I'm noticing a lot of crochet waffle stitch on blogs and Pinterest lately. I wanted to give it a try myself, so I made this doll blanket. As you can see, bears love it too :-). Moeby is my daughter's teddy and Benny, the bald one, is mine. As a child, I hugged him so hard, he lost all his hair.

I used some left-over cotton yarn from my stash. The colors really match the flowers we pick from my cutting garden right now.

(I'll write down the tutorial in a next post.)

Ik zie veel wafelhaakwerk op internet de laatste tijd. Omdat ik het graag eens wilde proberen, heb ik dit poppendekentje gemaakt. Beren vinden zo'n dekentje trouwens ook heel fijn. Moeby is van mij dochter en Benny, de kaalgenuffelde beer, was van mij.

Ik heb wat restjes katoen gebruikt. Het is grappig dat de kleuren echt passen bij de bloemen die we nu uit mijn pluktuin kunnen halen.

(De tutorial komt in een volgende post.)

1 comment:

Sue said...

Gorgeous colours and an interesting stitch, must try it soon. Cute teddies and gorgeous flowers!