Monday, September 26, 2011
It's been a while since I wrote about my leaf & lace throw, but finally I've made some progress. I finished 3 blocks and sew them together to see what the final size might be. It's 150 cm wide, so a 3*3 throw will be 15*150 cm. I guess that's big enough :-)
ps: I blogged a about the background of this design here, and about similar patterns to be found online here
Wednesday, September 14, 2011
These are some of the zinnia's that I managed to rescue from the snails, in lovely shades of pink.
I was hoping to post some images of my leaf & lace throw instead, but I can't. The third block is almost finished, but I made a mistake somewhere, and I don't really know which part/row to unravel... I really have to find some courage to start working on it again:-)
Sunday, September 4, 2011
One of my New Year's resolutions was to sow zinnia's, and they're in full bloom right now :-) And the dahlia's are back too! Together, they add a little splash of early autumn colors to my table.
I realize I haven't been writing about needlework on this blog for quite some time now. It's because I finished my medieval smocked apron (see tutorial on Medieval Silkwork).