Friday, November 4, 2011

A collage: watery shades of blue and green



I love playing with color and making mood boards and collages. So, I really enjoyed last week's Blogging Your Way, when we learned how to make collages in different types of photo programs. One of the programs discussed was Google Picasa, which you can download for free here. It's very user-friendly, in a “drag-drop-and-click” kind of way, and it can be used to make the type of collages below. It doesn't have fonts, so I uploaded the collage in The Gimp to add the text.


These are some pictures I took on my holiday in Sweden and Denmark this summer. The bakery and the seaside garden are in Gotland, and I saw the wonderful door in the city center of Copenhagen. So actually, I should have called this “Scandinavian summer colors” :-). The shade card is from Werner's Nomenclature of Colors, an early 19th century book on the nature of colors. It really makes me drool, and I hope that one day, I'll find the plate that's called “Colors of the sea”. I've seen it in a picture of and artist's atelier once, so I know it must be out there somewhere... :-)